Dennis Shavelson, DPM’s life mission is to provide patients with Podiatry Care focusing on education, teaching and practicing Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering of the Feet and Lower Extremity (The BEFLE Program).
Dr Sha practices in a comfortable, relaxed, high tech environment that is dedicated to go beyond an acute problem or complaint by uncovering and caring for underpinning foot type, structural, postural, neuromuscular and balance problems before, during or after a painful heel a bunion or hammertoes develop.
- Education: B.A. Degree, Brooklyn College, Podiatry Degree, Valedictorian NYCPM, Fellowship in Bone and Joint Pathology, Joint Disease Hospital
- International Lecturer, Author, Consultant and Professor of Podiatry
- Board Certified in Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Peer Reviewer to Medical Journals
- Former Chief of Podiatry: Cabrini Medical Center, New York Presbyterian Hospital and Beth Israel Medical Center, NYC
- U.S Patent Holder, Functional Foot Typing, Foot Centering Pads and Foot Centering Orthotics
- Advisor/Consultant/ Editor in Biomechanics, Closed Chain Dermatology: Present Podiatry (podiatry.com), BAKO DermPath Lab, McClain DermPath Labs, Innocutis Pharm, Cipher Pharm
- Medical Director: The FootHelpers Orthotic Lab
- Voted as one of 75 most innovative podiatrist in 2012 by Podiatry Management Magazine
- Medical Director: Foot Centering Institute, NYC
- Acknowledged Consultant and International Blogger in Biomechanics, Biomedical Engineering of the Feet and Lower Extremity, Injection Therapy, Foot Surgery, Dermatology, Orthotics and Minimally Invasive Foot Surgery
- Excellent Yelp, Google and Zocdoc ratings and reviews
- Husband, Father of 5 and Grandfather of Six